The new goslings around our place remind us that it is spring, and that I haven't written a blog in a while. Most of the families of geese have three or four little ones, but one has fifteen! They parade by here each day.
What a great hope we celebrated in the resurrection of our Savior at Easter time! No sunrise service at the botanical gardens like we were used to in Brazil though. Also, now that we're retired we don't do early mornings. Well, to be honest, we never "did morning"...willingly! This year our granddaughter Elliana celebrated her first Easter.
Our first SS check came through. I've used my Medicare card for the first time as well (although I didn't see much savings with it). Frankly, I never thought I'd live long enough to get a Social Security check. Life is different because we still do things, but can now pick and choose when and what we do. Sue has been speaking for some Mother's Day luncheons. There have been birthday celebrations for friends, medical scares, yard sales and basically life goes on.
One thing we were happy to do was travel over to Ann Arbor and help Natali move into a new apartment. (She's waving from her doorway - click on the pic to see it enlarged.) I think she was surprised that we could still lug stuff around, but we've certainly had enough experience over the years! We were glad to help.
We had to get back home because the next morning was important for our grandson Jordan. He graduated from pre-school, complete with mortarboard and tassel and diploma!
Our first SS check came through. I've used my Medicare card for the first time as well (although I didn't see much savings with it). Frankly, I never thought I'd live long enough to get a Social Security check. Life is different because we still do things, but can now pick and choose when and what we do. Sue has been speaking for some Mother's Day luncheons. There have been birthday celebrations for friends, medical scares, yard sales and basically life goes on.
One thing we were happy to do was travel over to Ann Arbor and help Natali move into a new apartment. (She's waving from her doorway - click on the pic to see it enlarged.) I think she was surprised that we could still lug stuff around, but we've certainly had enough experience over the years! We were glad to help.
We had to get back home because the next morning was important for our grandson Jordan. He graduated from pre-school, complete with mortarboard and tassel and diploma!Check it out. In other blogs below are some other things that have gone on in recent weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment